Mutable has many features, but not all are at the same level of maturity. Please check the following table. If you require improvements in one specific feature, don't hesitate to contact us.
|Mesh removal of hidden parts||✔|
|Mesh texture layout packing||✔|
|Texture layer blending||✔|
|Hierarchical object system||✔|
|Object interaction variations||✔|
|Data driven user-interface||✔|
|Object States optimization||✔|
|Windows 64 bit||✔|
|Windows 32 bit||✔|
|Linux 64 bit||✔|
|Linux 32 bit||✔|
Hierarchycal Object System¶
Mutable organizes the data for each Customizable Object in a hierarchy of parts. Each object has a root object node that can define a base mesh and materials with some parameters. This object can have any number of child objects that can:
- add new materials to the final object
- extend the mesh used by a material in the parent object
- remove part of the mesh in the parent object
- patch the textures of a material in the parent object
- activate user-defined Tags that can be use in sibling objects to apply different effects.
At the same time, child objects can chave thier own child objects in an unlimited hierarchy.
The children of an object can be organized in Groups. The Groups define the logic between the object and its parent in regard of how are the children activated. For instance, all t-shirt children can be grouped with an object parameter that only lets the users select one of them at a time, or none.
A big CustomizableObject can be split into several assets. This is very important when multiple users work in the same data and also for version control. There are 2 features to assist with this:
- Child Objects can select as parent an Object Group in a different asset, instad of directly connecting them in a graph.
- There 2 special diagram nodes to export and import connections from the graph in other assets.
This is useful for editor data, but it has nothing to do with data streaming in packaged games. Data streaming for packaged games will happen regardless the CustomizableObject is split in multiple assets or not.