Using Customizable Objects In Game¶
This helper component can be used with an actor in order to update a SkeletalMeshComponent replacing its mesh asset with a Mutable-generated mesh. The steps to use this component are:
- Create an actor with a SkeletalMeshComponent.
- Add a new CustomizableSkeletalComponent as a child of the SkeletalMeshComponent.
- Assign a CustomizableInstance asset to the CustomizableSkeletalComponent.
- When the actor is added to a level, it should automatically show the customized skeletal mesh.
The Reference Mesh¶
The Reference Mesh is an Unreal SkeletalMesh asset that is used as a template to create customizable skeletal meshes. It is assigned to the CustomizableObject asset.
- All the data that is not related to meshes and textures will be copied from the reference skeletal mesh.
- While a customised skeletal mesh is being built, the reference skeletal mesh will be displayed.